A few years ago, some Parisians stormed a symbolic site looking for guns. It didn’t go well, not for a long time thereafter. Eventually, France’s new republic became home to Edith Piaf, so I guess it was all worth it.
That’s all there is to say about that. The week is grinding by, moment to moment, and its coming down to the wire. I don’t want this week to end with me having done *nothing* on the writing front. While I expect very little downtime today, I think there’ll be a moment this evening to put something down on paper. I’ve also been working on the NDA for a commercial that I’d like to shoot, but it keeps getting pushed off to the horizon, so well see what happens with that.
Also of note:
- Hockey is back. I know at least two people who give a shit.
- I don’t know who’s winning the Tour de France. I only marginally care. I would, however, like to know who has the coolest technology.
- MURDERBALL is good. See it if you like movies about vulgar guys in wheelchairs playing goal sports.
- The story of Alex’s runaway/kidnapping/amnesia is about the coolest thing ever, if a little unbelievable. I’ll write it up some morning soon and post it for all to read.
- I still haven’t purchased my ticket to DC. I think I’m in trouble.
I think that’s it for now. If its not, I’m stopping anyway because work updates take hours to write.