So you know I booked my flights two days ago. Im finally going to Europe after 4 years of postponing and whining about it. Great. Sold. Perfect.

Yesterday, I got a call about a job. Yesterday.

What. The. Fuck?

I mean, really. If the call had come 24 hours earlier< i would have taken the work, gotten some cash, postponed everything by 8 weeks, and that would be that. But it didnt, and I turned down an APOC offer. Who thought that would ever happen? The rationale, actually (and maybe this is my exquisite skill of making all things rational in my irrational world), is that Im not staying in NYC to APOC this summer – theres very little that the position has to offer me. If I take this one, what do I expect to gain? I mean, theres the inevitable paycheck (which would be nice, but, as Im assuming that Ill get one in LA, too, its nothing special), but thats about it. Ive climbed the learning curve and Ive sort of peaked in my skills as an APOC, so off I go to Europe.

But it was a little disconcerting that I buy my tickets only to have my will tested less than 24 hours later. Fortunately, Im very hard headed.