Cars can be expensive. Heres a cautionary tale about why you shouldnt own one.
- My car needs 2 rear tires. The current ones are bald, leaking air and cracking in the sidewalls.
- You have to register the thing every year! Can you imagine? A couple hundred bucks that could be spent on beer, wasted paying the state for the privilege of getting pulled over by corrupt cops.
- you need to replace brakes sometimes. Also, probably spark plugs.
- your oil needs changing. pretty much all the time.
- all the fun things to do with a car (go fast, swerve a lot) are illegal.
- dont even get me started on insurance.
This isnt intended to be an authoritative list, but it is a list of things that are bothering me right this moment. Dont get your own car – just steal one when you need it. This way, none of these issues relate at all to you.