Welcome to 2012, the home of culinary experimentation.
I’m going to play with themes-by-week this year, and I’m starting with soups. After the break, I’ll post my current thoughts on soups that I may make and I’ll solicit ideas for other soups and other weeks.
Okay, so in no particular order, here are some soups I’d like to make this week. I may not make all of these soups or I may extend soup week into the weekend or even next week (although I may go camping this weekend), but since it’s winter, soups are the thing to do.
- Chicken Noodle
- Broccoli Cheese
- Red Bean soup (my mom insists that I will love this and that I must make it)
- Potato (potato/leek, maybe)
- Tortilla soup (too much like chicken)
- my fresh seafood gumbo (probably not)
Anyway, those are five soups, which’ll get me though the week, at least, and maybe more if I go camping on Friday night. That might not be the final list, too, so we’ll see. I’d love your input here. Also, I’d love input on other themes I should try-by-week. I only have a couple ideas, so here they are below.
- Soup week (wherein I make tasty soups)
- Week of food made in my 7-quart cast iron (no restrictions I can think of, just that main courses are made in the cast iron)
There was more, but I’ve taken a solid hour trying to type this entry, so I’m bored of it. Tonight is beef stew made in the crock pot, which is a meaty start to the week of soups. It’s unlikely that I’m going to make the fresh seafood gumbo, but you never know what I’ll be in the mood for.
Your input welcome!